Censoring Your Child

How do you keep tabs on what your child is reading or watching when they are at their friends' house? It is hard to do, isn't it? That is why we keep close tabs on where she is going and with who. She is a good girl with good friends. We make sure that we know the parents and had been to their homes. It gives us a peace of mind (kind of). I guess the older they get, the harder it is to keep tabs on what they're doing and who they're with; it's not as if it's as easy as searching for diet pill reviews online. Having pre-teens and teens in your household means being vigilant and trying to understand the teenage brain. Right now my daughter is still open to discussing things with me; she tells me what her friends are talking about and what she's heard from this or that kid. I try not to judge her friends and just keep an open mind. I don't want her to clam up for fear of retribution. Parenting should always come with a handbook. Things would've been much easier.

 

1 shared thoughts:

shengy said...

thanks for this post


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

BLOGLIST

Labels


SPECIAL BLOGGERS

BLOGGER FRIENDS


If you want to exchange links, link me up first then leave me a comment so I can add yours. Thanks :o)