Dangerous Lead Paint in Houses

I remember when my daughter had her first physical here in our state. Her doctor ordered a lead test among other usual lab tests. We just moved here from California and this is the first time I've heard of a lead test. I learned that many houses, usually old ones, have lead paint. Many years ago, the paint used has lead and this was found to cause health problems (lead poisoning). Children are most susceptible to this because of the habit of putting fingers in their mouths. One other health concern is when remodeling old houses is the hazard from asbestos. When the fibrous material is inhaled, this can cause health problems one of which is very dangerous called mesothelioma. If you live in an older house, it is important to check for these dangers.

 

2 shared thoughts:

Lola said...

The winners of Lola's Victory Garden Contest have been announced. Please visit this link to view the winners 05/12/09. As a Contest Sponsor, please forward your prize to the winner within 2 days of this announcement. Thank you for participating!

http://lolasvictorygarden.blogspot.com/2009/05/lolas-victory-garden-contest-winners.html

liza said...

Hi Barb! I got a tag for you here. See yah.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

BLOGLIST

Labels


SPECIAL BLOGGERS

BLOGGER FRIENDS


If you want to exchange links, link me up first then leave me a comment so I can add yours. Thanks :o)