Ugg Boots - Yea or Nay?


My favorite daughter A asked for a pair of Ugg boots as part of her birthday package. (It sounds like a contest or something. LOL) Anyway, I told her that I will think about it since a pair of these boots costs between $80 and up, depending on the style. I don't own a pair just because I don't find these boots attractive although I have a pair of Ugg summer wedges ( they make all sorts of footwear and they also have a clothing line). I've read a lot of reviews where people raved about how comfortable they are and that it keeps the feet warm. Now, my favorite daughter passed on having a big birthday party for her classmates and opted instead for a small party at home with our close family friends. This will save us money since birthday parties on a public venue usually costs around $15 per child. Since we will be saving money without the big party, I'm thinking of getting her these pair of Ugg boots which costs around $125. Well, it's been a couple of days and I'm still deciding. Should I get her these expensive boots knowing that she'll use it for just a couple of years? I plan to get a bigger size so she can at least get a lot of use out of it. What do you think?

 

11 shared thoughts:

Lan said...

Mareng barb, when I slept on my butt on the black ice what I could think about is getting this kinds of boots and I have been thinking about since last winter. Now, when monica wear her ugg boots today I wanted to get one as well using my money in the blogging. I can wait to buy one and I want black instead of this color. I think you should get one for amber for her birthday present since she can use it for a while.

Mira said...

I've been wanting to buy a pair for myself as well, I tried them on and they're really warm and comfy. I guess getting her a pair a size bigger is just wise and practical. Two winter seasons should get you enough 'return on investment', lol, Just tell her to wear them all season long, LOL,

Babette said...

Naku, kayo talaga, akala ko pa naman sasabihin nyo na mahal! LOL Sige na nga. hahaha I'll tell Amber to thank you two because if not for you mapupurnada sana.

Lan said...

hahaha saludo kaming dalawa ni mira dito maganda kasi eh at warm. I tried this one of the store, but don't know where I try on. I didn't know that they don't have black color on short boots only in Long boots has black one. Now I have to think which color I want to buy whether the chocolate or chestnut.. I like chestnut better i guess.

Tammy said...

I know what you mean about the cost. I have really really wanted a pair my self but will not spend the money. I have look alikes that I paid $30.00 for. But just not the same. I say if you can afford it get them for her. I'm one that will spend on others before myself.

Unknown said...

The Uggs are a big thing with kids her age right now. I would get them for her. As long as you're not constantly buying expensive items, I think every now and then, to help a kid feel like other kids her age, is not a bad thing.

Cher said...

I have a pair of Ugg boots that I got second hand and I love them and I will probably be buying another pair. The sheepskin is just so nice inside. When she outgrows them you can always sell them on Ebay as they do have a very good resale!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

I don't like them either but teens love them...and they are practical.

Anonymous said...

I don't really like the way they look, but dang if they aren't comfy! I'd give up style just for the comfort. :) I want some and may just have to go get some.

Oh The Books We'll Read!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but I have a personal Rule... I don't buy anything clothing wise that is over $50 unless it is a really good coat. And considering kids grow quicker then a weed that goes double. I taught my kids when they were little that you can either have 1 item for X or 3 to 4 Items for the same amount but no brand name attached. Funny they always chose the 3 to 4. So to me it would be a Nay.

earthlingorgeous said...

I want Ugg boots! Yea for me! I found one at HongKong when we went there love it!

Earthlingorgeous


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

BLOGLIST

Labels


SPECIAL BLOGGERS

BLOGGER FRIENDS


If you want to exchange links, link me up first then leave me a comment so I can add yours. Thanks :o)