Kids' 7 Rules for Safety

I would like to share these tips with all the parents out there. This was adopted from 'Knowing My Eight Rules for Safety' by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. I read this with my kids every time we have one of those 'being safe' talks. I also have this posted on the fridge just as a reminder.

1. Before I go anywhere, I always check first with my parents or the person in charge. I tell them where I am going, how I will get there, who will be going with me, and when I'll be back.

2. I check first for permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone, even someone I know. I check first before changing plans or accepting money, gifts or other items without my parents' knowledge.

3. It is safer for me to be with other people when going places or playing outside.

4. I say NO if someone tries to touch me in ways that make me feel frightened, uncomfortable or confused. Then I immediately tell what happened to my parents, my teacher or another grown-up that I trust.

5. I know my home telephone number, address, and parents' work numbers. In case of emergency, I should try to contact my parents as soon as possible.

6. I trust my feelings and talk to grown-ups about problems that are too big for me to handle on my own. If someone makes me feel scared of uncomfortable, I know my parents, teacher or other trusted adult will listen and help me.

7. I am strong, smart and have the right to be safe.

 

0 shared thoughts:


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

BLOGLIST

Labels


SPECIAL BLOGGERS

BLOGGER FRIENDS


If you want to exchange links, link me up first then leave me a comment so I can add yours. Thanks :o)